Wednesday, March 27, 2013

sew for victory,craptastic pics

SEW FOR VICTORY dress and jabot,and some crappy pics.Misplaced my extra batteries and charger,so have some crappy pic from my cell phone,self taken.Only the sleeve pic look good.the pattern is DuBarry 5558,and I combined them with the longer sleeves,rick rack,and the button on jabot (which I had some problems with) it need a good iron and the shoulder pads. It's supposed to have a side opening,but haven got that far and just slips over my head.I had to redo the neck as it was to tight,and the jabot I made a little smaller as it seemed huge the first try and still does ,need to make another a bit less wide and a little stiffer.Got a couple more days to get some better pics.All fabric,trim,buttons,and the pattern were from my stash.I do like the dress and will most likely make again,pehaps more fitted with the side opening and no or the shorter sleeves,as it nearly always on the warm side here,and perhaps a reversable jabot,cuz i am a bit messy.




No comments:

Post a Comment